Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Now I am on the team!




At three in the morning I was given my first two chemicals through the newly installed double-tap IV tube system that utilizes my Medi-Port. Vincristen and Doxorubicin--assume crappy spelling. The second of the two is the trade name of Adrimyacin, commonly referred to as the Red Devil which is also the name of a cancer charity near and dear to my soon-to-be-stressed-by-chemicals heart.
So I feel it has begun. Which I have been waiting for for a while now-nobody's fault, and I cannot fault any of the care I have received at any point so far, but I just wanted to get started, get fighting.
Part of getting started included changing doctors and hospitals, and I am now a tenant at New York Presbyterian/Cornell Medical/Columbia/Episcopal/Rosenberg, Wakefield, and Monsanto Hospital Powered by The Home Depot and Brought to You By All New Oxy Cleen!
Was going to insert a pic but cannot figure out the iPad just yet. Yes that is right, I have an iPad now! And all I has to do was get cancer. So hurry right out and swim in the Gowanus or whatever will get you sick fastest, because they are the fun cool tool of the month.

Anyway, enough for now. The opening round went deceptively well and I got blood transfused and some more platelets in the middle of the night to prep for more chemo in a few hours.

Live! Direct from Hell! This is Spinal Tap!!
(I am going to beat that one to death until it isn't funny to me, so settle in for a long ride).
My next chemo will be via spinal tap, so that should be fun.